Towards the end of the week, Apple issued 2 small updates for iOS 13 and macOS Catalina. The updates seemed to only fix very particular issues on very particular devices.
On the Mac, we got a fix for the latest 27-inch iMac fixing a washed out color issue when the Mac wakes from sleep, as well as a more general Catalina fix for shoring up stability when running VMs and other virtualization tools. Full patch notes are below.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update includes bug fixes for your Mac.
• Fixes a stability issue that could occur when running virtualization apps
• Resolves an issue where an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) may appear washed out after waking from sleep
Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices. For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
On the iOS side of things, we had a bug fix for the latest iPhones where the screen might display a greener tint, though what the cause and the fix for these are is not entirely clear. We also had fixes for the COVID-19 contact tracing notifications could be improperly disabled for some users, as well as a fix to iOS’s cleanup feature. Full patch notes are below
iOS13.6.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
- Address is an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low
- Fixed a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint
- Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users
I’m features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kB/HT201222